POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.beta-test : function declaration and namespace : Re: function declaration and namespace Server Time
30 Jul 2024 04:14:55 EDT (-0400)
  Re: function declaration and namespace
Date: 7 Jan 2002 07:47:47
Message: <ps5j3u42jdj85v0jfr3jeaj8e2i2vn3qsa@4ax.com>
On Mon, 07 Jan 2002 13:39:55 +0100, "Thorsten Froehlich" <tho### [at] trfde>
wrote:

> ???

here is list of cases from 6.1.6.1.

"You can use macros in functions, but the macros will be called only once when
the function is defined, not every time the function is called."

This is not my case becouse I'm not declaring function.

"You cannot pass function variables to the macros."

This is not my case becouse I'm not calling macro and therefore no parameters
are passed.

"You can pass functions to macros, how to do this is best explained by an
example."

As above.

I'm declaring.

This is parsed ok:

#macro P(F) #end
#local F=function{x}

and this not:

#local F=function{x}
#macro P(F) #end

The only difference is the order of lines.

ABX